Nantwich Seals Parents Code of Conduct
- I will complete and return the Medical Information Form as requested by the organisation and provide
- details of any health conditions/concerns relevant to my child on the consent form. I will report any
- changes in the state of my child’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events. I will ensure that
- the organisation has up-to-date contact details for me and for any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from training sessions/events. I will inform a member
- of the committee or coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the organisation changes my
- child’s lane and/or changing times, I will remember that the change is to provide appropriate levels of
- training and to enable my child to progress, and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/ events including all necessary equipment equipment, e.g. hats, goggles, etc.
- I will inform the coach/poolside helper before a session if my child is to be collected early from a training
- I will encourage my child to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training/events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents of members of both my child’s organisation and any other organisation with due respect, in accordance with the ASA commitment to equality and diversity.
- I will not use inappropriate language within the organisation environment.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutrition and I will listen to advice given from the coach/poolside helper
- I will support the coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have in an appropriate manner to the coach
- I WILL NEVER APPROACH A CHILD/CHILDREN
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- If I wish to have a discussion with the coach I will do so after training session.
- Most of all, I will help my child to enjoy the sport and to achieve to the best of their ability.
- As an adult I will NOT ENTER the changing rooms unless my child/children are under 8 years or he/she/they require assistance
The Organisation will:
- Will inform you at once if your child becomes ill and ensure their well being until you are able to collect him/her
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached at all times and consent is obtained for any activity outside those already agreed.
You have the right to:
- Make a complaint to the organisation if you feel the organisation or a member of the organisation is not acting appropriately within the rules and regulations of ASA/organisation. Details of complaint procedures can be obtained from the Welfare Officer
- To make a complaint on your child’s behave to the ASA Office of Judicial administration
This code is an extension to the ASA Code of Ethics. Both should be followed. Wavepower 2016–19 55 2.3